Skip to main content

Human pain relievers are toxic to dogs and cats

This past week we saw a couple cases of ibuprofen toxicity in dogs- one was an intentional dosing of the dog by the owner, and the other was a case of the dog finding the bottle of pills and ingesting them. While these are two very different situations, the end result is the same: two very sick animals. Cats and dogs that ingest ibuprofen (the active ingredient in Advil), acetaminophen (Tylenol) or aspirin experience a wide range of negative effects such as severe vomiting, gastric ulcers, kidney failure, liver failure and, if the animal is not treated medically, death.

Share this: