Lucky is a young male mixed-breed dog who was rescued in Los Angeles. The aptly named Lucky found his way into the capable and loving care of Eric Bellows, formerly of Rescue Ink. His most pressing issues at that time were gunshot wounds to his legs. These wounds required multiple treatments, but Lucky persevered bravely through his procedures and was fostered by Eric, whose current rescue organization is called Pack Ethic. However, Lucky's health issues were not yet behind him. In February, Lucky tested positive for heartworm.
A Dog-Centered Scavenger Hunt and Free Family Picnic to Benefit the Riedel and Cody Fund.
333 Ludlow Street- Stamford Harbor Park- (right behind the Cornell University Veterinary Specialists hospital)
FETCH stands for Funding Education and Treatment of Cancer Hounds, an event organized to benefit the Reidel & Cody Fund.
Little Dogs with Big Hearts: What Does this Mean for My Pet?
On Sunday, May 15, at 2-3:30 PM, Dr. Mandi Kleman, DVM, DACVIM, will lead a free lecture in the auditorium at Cornell University Veterinary Specialists animal hospital at 880 Canal Street in Stamford, CT.
Cornell University Veterinary Specialists is proud to provide pet health educational sessions for owners, starting with our first session:
Sunday, April 10, 2-3:30 PM
CPCR and First Aid for Your Pet, led by Debbie Glynn, BS, LVT
This past week we saw a couple cases of ibuprofen toxicity in dogs- one was an intentional dosing of the dog by the owner, and the other was a case of the dog finding the bottle of pills and ingesting them. While these are two very different situations, the end result is the same: two very sick animals. Cats and dogs that ingest ibuprofen (the active ingredient in Advil), acetaminophen (Tylenol) or aspirin experience a wide range of negative effects such as severe vomiting, gastric ulcers, kidney failure, liver failure and, if the animal is not treated medically, death.